Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Business Idea - Pickle and Relish Maker

My mother is a pickleholic and a relish lover to boot, so I can see the viability of this business. There are millions of great recipes out there, find one or two, make up a few batches, slap on a down-home label and watch the addicts line up for their pickle fix. When I was a kid my parents used to take me to Klondike Days in Edmonton and buy me an ice cold root beer and a giant pickle to snack on - I suspect my mother’s influence in this - but I used to look forward each year to my pickle and root beer stop. ‘Course, I don’t recommend the roller coaster after this type of snack... Anyway, make specialty pickles, out of zucchini, pumpkin, watermelon rinds... For your relishes, try cucumber, onion, red pepper, cauliflower - the possibilities are limitless. Give out free samples with crackers. Sell at farmer’s markets, or online.

No comments: