Thursday, February 22, 2007

Homepreneur

This blog is intended as a think tank for small home-based entrepreneurs.

I've found myself getting more and more interested lately in the success stories of kitchen table entrepreneurs - people who come up with a new pancake syrup or beautiful jewelry design or home staging concept and make it work from virtually nothing.

Partly, I think my newfound interest derives from a change in our culture, a feeling that the workaday world can be one tough place to navigate and that the business world offers its own forum for creativity. The main reason, though, is that I've been seriously ill for the past 8 years and now that I'm returning to health need to find a way to pay my bills. Returning to my old work isn't an option, so I'm looking for something new. Hence this blog.

I've heard that people make money from blogging. It's a sort of magazine business model, if I understand correctly. So I thought I'd gather up my home business research and see what we could accomplish. Stay tuned in the months ahead for information on what kinds of businesses people are thinking up, how they're marketing them and what problems they're encountering. I'll have ideas for you on businesses you can start at your kitchen table and what to do when you've outgrown your homebase. I'm aiming for a weekly post, hopefully more.

Welcome.

Arleigh Cee

No comments: